The British council is delighted to invite applicants for the Creative Hubs Programme for creative hubs in West Africa 2017, all applicants are reminded to ensure that they comply with the eligibility criteria yo avoid disqualification .
British Council’s West Africa Arts Programme #UKWestAfricaArts invites applications from Creative Hubs in Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and United Kingdom to participate in a development programme for Creative Hubs from these countries.
For this programme, we define creative hubs as any physical space that connects artists and / or creative entrepreneurs* to each other and to skills, and capacity that strengthens their artistic practice or creative enterprise.
Type: Creative Hub Program
To be Taken in : West Africa
To be selected to join the programme, hubs will:
- Have founders or managers that are aged 18 – 35 OR have a demonstrable focus on supporting creative enterprises and / or artists that are aged 18 – 35.
- Have been operational for at least 6 months
- Have a physical space that brings artists and / or creative entrepreneurs together AND offers them at least two of training, networking, advisory or business support (like incubation or acceleration).
- Be located in one of these cities in West Africa: Abuja, Accra, Calabar, Dakar, Enugu, Freetown, Kano, Kumasi, Lagos Port Harcourt OR any location in the UK.
- Be available to attend a workshop in Abuja, Nigeria from 4 to 7 December 2017 (Hub Managers or Founders involved in Day to Day management only)
- The workshop will be facilitated by Nesta based on the Nesta Creative Enterprise Toolkit and a Creative Hub Toolkit still in development.
- Participation in the workshop is free.
- There are bursaries available to support participants from outside Abuja with flights, accommodation and breakfast and lunch each day.
How to apply
Please fill in the form by 30 October 2017. Selected Hubs will be notified by 6 November 2017.
Application Deadline: October 30th 2017
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the British Council’s Creative Hubs Programme 2017