The Canada Graduate Scholarships are now open. This award available for students undertaking Master or Doctoral degree at a Canadian University. The winning students will receive benefit of $17,500 which is tenable for maximum one year. No application will be received after 1 December each year.
The CGS M Program provides financial support to high-calibre scholars who are engaged in eligible master’s or, in some cases, doctoral programs in Canada (refer to Eligibility). This support allows these scholars to fully concentrate on their studies in their chosen fields. The CGS M Program supports up to 2,500 students annually in all disciplines and is administered jointly by Canada’s three federal granting agencies: CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC.
Value and Tenure
Those are selected will receive 12 month benefit of $17,500.
Level and Area of Studies
Master and Ph.D. degree in any field.
Place of Study
At a Canadian University.
Eligibility and Criteria
Only those who are satisfying the following criteria will be considered for this scholarship:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- be enrolled in, have applied for, or will apply for full-time admission to an eligible graduate program at the master’s or doctoral level at a Canadian institution with a CGS M allocation;
- have completed, as of December 31 of the year of application, between zero and 12 months of full-time studies (or full-time equivalent) in: the master’s program for which you are requesting funding; or the direct-entry doctoral program for which you are requesting funding; or the combined master’s-doctoral program for which you are requesting funding; or a master’s program that was or will be fast-tracked to a doctoral program, and you are requesting funding for the first 12 months of this doctoral program;
- not have previously held a CGS M;
- have achieved a first-class average, as determined by the host institution, in each of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent);
- submit a maximum of one scholarship application per academic year to either CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC (the Research Portal will allow the application to be submitted to up to five institutions – refer to Application Procedures).
Only Canadian students are invited to apply.
Please click the application link below to see further instruction.
1 December on annual basis.