Applicants are invited to apply for Fulbright-Schuman Research Program administered by the Fulbright Commission in Brussels, Belgium and are co-financed by the Directorate-General for Education and Culture of the European Commission and the U.S. Department of State. The program is open for European applicants to conduct research in the academic session of 2018-2019.
The aim of the programme is to promote academic excellence and cross-cultural exchange.
The Fulbright Program is the flagship scholarship program promoting international exchange between the United States and over 160 countries worldwide.
Course Level: The programme is available to pursue research.
Study Subject: The programme is awarded in the field of transatlantic relations.
Scholarship Award: Fulbright-Schuman grantees receive a scholarship toward their tuition and fees, living expenses, and other related costs. The scholarship amount is set at the USD equivalent of 2000€ per month for students and USD equivalent of 3000€ per month for scholars (postdoctoral researchers, visiting professors, and some mid-career professionals.) with a maximum stay of 9 months. In addition, grantees will obtain a one-time travel stipend.
Number of Scholarships: 5- 10 Fulbright-Schuman scholars and 5- 10 Fulbright-Schuman students from the EU typically receive grants each year.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Demonstrate academic excellence
- Be individually interviewed in English
- Be apt to benefit from the academic opportunity offered to them
- Be good representatives of their own country while they are in the United States
- Preference will be given to candidates with 2 years of relevant professional or academic experience beyond the Bachelor’s degree. EU professionals and professionals in training (decision-makers, policy-makers, individuals in the industry, the media, politics, academia, and public administration) are encouraged to apply. Grantees are expected to return to their own country upon completion of the project for which the award was made.
Nationality: European applicants can apply for the programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have proficiency in English and a minimum of 3 months experience in two or more Member States is required.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
Google Nigeria Business Internship for Students 2018
International Students Quebec Government Research Internship In Canada 2018
- The online application form
- 3-5 page single-spaced project statement: You must demonstrate that your topic is relevant to U.S.-EU relations, EU policy, or the EU institutions and that it’s relevant to at least 2 EU countries.
- 1-3 page bibliography of references relevant to the proposed research
- Letter(s) of invitation from the U.S. host institution. This letter should contain the institution’s letterhead and mentioned the dates (or academic term) of your research stay.
- Scans of passport and any previous J-visas held
- Transcripts and diploma from your most recent degree
- 3 Recommendation Letters, uploaded by your references directly into the online application by the December 1 deadline
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 1, 2017.