Do you like travelling to exciting places? Would you like to meet and connect with fascinating people, revealing and telling their, often unreported, stories? Be one of the 4 faces that will travel to the hearts of people!
Application Deadline: 31st October 2017 23:59pm CET.
Eligible Countries: Countries in Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Latin America
To Be Taken At (Country): Brussels, Belgium
About the Award: Faces2Hearts is a worldwide blogging experience that will take 4 young people on a 5-month journey across 3 continents. They will discover projects that change peoples’ lives for the better, supported by the EU. And they will reveal the often unreported stories of the fascinating people they meet – stories of positive change and hope.
Faces2Hearts is a journey to the hearts of people. It is about the people that our 4 bloggers encounter along their journey, the environments and communities they discover. The bloggers will go beyond faces or stereotypes to reveal compelling stories to the world, stories of positive change, often unreported, stories inspired by projects funded by the European Union: the largest development donor in the world.
Faces2Hearts is looking for 4 bloggers in total (our faces) with one face to be selected from each of 4 global regions (Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Latin America). Each winning face will travel and meet fascinating people within his or her own region, except for the European blogger who will be travelling in Eastern & Southern Africa. The region which you can apply to depends on your nationality and the language requirements vary according to the region: for Asia-Pacific and English-speaking Africa a high level of English is required; applicants to Latin America and French-speaking Africa will additionally need a high level of Spanish and French respectively
Eligibility: All will be uncovering stories of people whose lives were changed for the better through projects supported by the EU.
- 21 – 31 years old and free to travel for the first half of 2018
- An engaging storyteller, a creative mind and a good relater of emotions
- A self-sufficient, responsible and resourceful traveler
- An adventurer – willing to try and discover new things
- A lover of social and human interaction
- A sensitive listener to people’s stories
- A skilled multimedia user (photography, video, social media, writing)
- Fluent in spoken and written English and, according to the region you are coming from, fluent in spoken and written Spanish or French
Number of Awards: 4
Value of Award:
- The 4 selected winners will be invited to Brussels for training and briefing on the journey in late 2017.
- They will each receive an equipment package for their journey, which they can keep. During the first half of 2018 they will undertake a 5-month journey of discovery visiting a range of EU-funded development projects.
- Each winner will travel and discover stories within his or her own region (West & Central Africa, Latin America and Asia-Pacific), except for the European blogger who will be travelling in Eastern & Southern Africa.
- All four winners will be supported by international development professionals on the ground during their journeys. Exact travel dates and itineraries will be arranged and communicated in due time to the winners. Travel between countries will be arranged for them, but the individual journeys will be largely planned and undertaken on their own initiative within a predefined and sufficient budget.
- The project will culminate at the European Development Days 2018 (EDD2018) in Brussels June, where our all 4 winners will share their stories. Travel, accommodation and reasonable expenses for participation at EDD2018 will also be covered.
Duration of Program: 5 months
How to Apply: To apply you must fill in the form on this website, but you will need to do a few things before you start.
The closing date for applications to Faces2Hearts is 31 October 2017! Don’t wait – Apply now!
Award Providers: EuropeAid