Applications are offered for Ph.D. students for Kenya DAAD Postgraduate Training Program for the academic year 2018/2019. Only Eligible applicants whom have shown interest through application will be considered for this program
The Kenya Vision 2030 policy document recommends investment in Science, Technology & Innovation (ST&I) in priority key sectors. One such area involves capacity building in the universities through advanced training of personnel.
The programme will offer twenty-one (21) PhD vacancies to eligible academic personnel teaching in Kenyan universities (both public and private) for a duration of up to forty-five (45) months (exclusive six (6) months German language course) at a German university.
Value of Award:
- 6 months preparatory German language course (fulltime) including accommodation and pocket money
- co-financed monthly scholarship instalment
- Reimbursement of travel costs through an adequate travel lump sum that is disbursed after arrival in Germany, during the funding period respectively
- study and research allowance
- accident, health and personal liability insurance cover
- further individual allowances upon application
To Be Taken At (Country): Germany
Eligible Countries: Kenya
Eligibility: To be eligible, candidate must:
- Be a citizen of the Republic of Kenya;
- Be teaching (full or part-time) in Kenyan universities (both public and private);
- Should have obtained the Master’s degree preferably within the past 6 years (date of graduation);
- Be willing to undertake a six (6) months German language course.
How to Apply: The following documents must be prepared for the online application:
- Curriculum Vitae and list of publications (use the Europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae)
- Abstract of one page, research proposal (not more than 10 – 15 pages) including detailed timetable; academic degree certificates and transcripts, whereby the Bachelor’s degree must have been passed with at least second class upper division and a Masters degree with at least a B+ grade (or equivalent).
Invitation letter from a German supervisor OR admission letter to a structured PhD programme at a German university
- Two academic reference letters from university professors (forms provided in the online portal below)
- A no objection Letter from the university, indicating the prospective function of the applicant within the university after return to Kenya and a commitment by the University to the job security of the applicant till the period of return (those on who qualify will be required to produce the Bonding document).
Application Deadline: 31st October 2017
Visit the Program Webpage for Details
Award Providers: DAAD
Applications are available for Masters scholarship at St Antony’s College, University of Oxford, This is in partnership with the Swire Educational Trust and the Oxford and Cambridge Society of Kenya, Only eligible persons whom have complied with the stated criteria will be considered for this program
The Swire Educational Trust has a longstanding relationship with St Antony’s College and has over many years funded numerous scholarships for both students and Academic Visitors, as well as until 2014 funding the Swire Fellow Professor Rosemary Foot, now an Emeritus Professor at St Antony’s College.
Eligible Field of Study: Any
Value of Scholarship: The total value of the scholarship is £30,000 which for most courses will cover University and College fees and a contribution towards living costs.
Eligible Countries: Kenya
To be taken at (country): UK
- The scholarships are open to applicants who are citizens of Kenya and who have applied for a one year Master’s degree in any subject offered at St Antony’s College.
- The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of both academic merit and potential as well as financial need. Scholars should intend to return to Kenya after completing their Master’s degree, and preference will be given to applicants who have clear ambitions to use their accumulated learning to benefit Kenya.
- Please ensure you meet the requirements for entry to your course, including English language requirements. See the University’s course guide for more information.
How to Apply: In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit your application for graduate study to the University by the January deadline (8 or 19 January 2018 depending on the programme you apply to – please check the University’s guidance on application deadlines) and you must have secured a place on your chosen programme of study by the expected final decision date (16 March 2018).
All eligible applications will be considered and there is no separate application process for this scholarship.
Application Deadline: 8th or 19th January 2018
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
Award Provider: Swire Educational Trust, Oxford and Cambridge Society of Kenya, University of Oxford
Important Notes: Successful candidates will be notified successful candidates by July 2018.
Applications are currently available at the University of Zurich for a fully funded PhD Scholarships. International Students pursuing a Doctorate degree at the Zurich Graduate School of Economic University of ZUrich Switzerland is eligible to Apply for the scholarship.
Nationality: international students.
Level of study: PhD candidates
Duration: 4 years
Scholarship award: Approx. CHF 42’500 p.a. plus tuition fees
Number of awards: 3 (for entry in September 2018)
- Preference will be provided to candidates whose research plans include areas of interest of the UBS International Center of Economics in Society.
- Applications from all areas are warmly welcomed.
- Admission to the Zurich Graduate School of Economics is a pre-condition for being considered for a UBS Center Scholarship.
- The UBS Center Scholarships are full scholarships, covering living expenses and all fees.
Application procedure: detail can be found in the official website
- Online recruitment portal (for online application)
- After shortlisting, you will be asked to provide certain documents like certified copies of your diplomas to by regular mail.
- After having been admitted to the program, students will have to apply for matriculation at the University of Zurich.
Deadline of online application: January 31, 2018
Click here to go to official website
The International Institute for Asian Studies would like to announce IIAS/CEM-FMSH Research Fellowship for the applicants from all over the world. The fellowship is awarded in the fields of social sciences and humanities.
The aim of the fellowship is to enable applicants to embark on an independent career in academic stroke research.
The International Institute for Asian Studies is a research and exchange platform based at Leiden University in the Netherlands.
Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue research programme.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in the fields of social sciences and humanities.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will cover the following:
- If IIAS decides to sponsor your research by awarding a grant, you will receive:
- A monthly grant of €2000;
- Office facilities and access to the Leiden University Libraries;
- A one-time grant of (max) €1000 towards the costs of (international) travel.
- Joint IIAS/CEM-FMSH fellowship for an additional two months of research in Paris
- Per year, CEM-FMSH offers three fellowships of two months each, for scholars who have been awarded an IIAS fellowship and who wish to spend an additional two months in Paris to pursue their research.
- The CEM-FMSH fellowship covers accommodation and a stipend of EURO 1000 per month.
Number of Scholarships: Number of fellowship is not given.
Scholarship can be taken in Netherlands and France.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The position of affiliated fellow is intended for outstanding researchers (also see ‘Terms and conditions’) from around the world, to work on an important aspect of Asian studies research in the social sciences and humanities. Interdisciplinary interests are encouraged. We also welcome researchers who would like to work on a collaborative grant proposal or develop their PhD thesis into a book publication.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have fulfilled all requirements of the PhD.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have fluency in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email or post.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 1and October 1 of each year.
The Fulbright Commission and the University of Missouri scholarship are inviting applications for Fulbright – University Of Missouri Journalism Scholarship in the USA. Belgian or Luxembourgish citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.The Fulbright Program, sponsored by the US government, plays a prominent role in the international education system.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Journalism.
Scholarship Award: Grantees receive $3000/month for four months plus an additional one-time travel stipend.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The Fulbright Commission and the University of Missouri scholarship are offering a scholarship for a mid-career professional (Belgian or Luxembourgish citizen) in journalism with at least five years of experience in journalism.
- Between mid-August 2018 and mid-December 2018, grantees receive the opportunity to audit two classes at the Missouri Journalism School and to participate in guest lecturers and roundtable discussions with students and scholars. Grantees are allowed to choose seminars and courses to audit from a list of available courses offered during the semester; their interest areas and availability of spaces will determine final placement.
Nationality: Belgian or Luxembourgian citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must demonstrate sufficient English-language proficiency to conduct research in the US (not necessary to submit a TOEFL score).
How to Apply: Applicants for the journalism grant should complete the online application in the scholar category available through link.
As part of the online application, candidates will be asked to provide the following:
- Biographical information
- Americanized CV
- 3-5 page single-spaced project statement
- Transcripts and diplomas from most recent degree
- Three letters of recommendation (uploaded directly into the online application)
Application Deadline: Interested applicants must complete an online application. The application opens on September 15 and closes at noon on December 1, 2017.
Showcase your photography skills by showing how UNA impacts the world! $175 in Lion Loot will be awarded in total prizes.Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- 1st Place- $100
- 2nd Place- $50
- 3rd Place – $25
Photos must be submitted to oiaservices-at-una.edu by November 3, 2017.
- A photograph abroad
- A photograph at an international event or with an international student(s)
- A photograph that promotes international culture and creativity
- A photograph of how UNA students impact the world abroad
* International Students can submit photographs of people, places and things within the United States that are meaningful to them. *
Upon submission, all photographs need to include a description telling what the photograph is, why it’s important and how it showcases UNA’s impact on the world.