Applicants are invited for Goethe-Institut Postdoctoral Fellowship to pursue research focuses on global perspectives on modern and contemporary art in the second half of the 20th century and the 21stcentury. The fellowship is designed for international emerging scholars.
The aim of the fellowship is to support promising and exceptional scholar for one academic year and shall concentrate on the research for a comprehensive exhibition project on the global art historical developments of the Post-colonial era covering the period 1955 – 1980.
The Goethe-Institut is a non-profit German cultural association operational worldwide with 159 institutes, promoting the study of the German language abroad and encouraging international cultural exchange and relations.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a doctorate degree in art history, museum studies or related fields.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
- Application Deadline: January 14, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded for scholars whose research focuses on global perspectives on modern and contemporary art in the second half of the 20th century and the 21stcentury.
- Scholarship Award: An overall remuneration package of 30.000 Euro for the entire year. This includes any health care and tax payments.
- Accommodation is the responsibility of the successful candidate. Haus der Kunst will provide supplementary support to the scholar for accommodation in the amount of 300 Euro per month.
- Haus der Kunst will support the fellow in organizing administrational paperwork such as limited residency, work permit, etc.
- Fellow will be provided with work area and full access to the infrastructure of Haus der Kunst and facilities in Munich.
- Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of fellowship is not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany.
How to Apply:
Interested scholars are invited to send their application via email. The application should be in English and include a CurriculumVitae, bibliography, reference letters and a cover letter explaining the motivation for the application.